Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer Fun Fridays...the test run.

I hope this works.  The whole Summer Fun Friday thing.  I'm not one for routine and pretty much consider myself a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda girl.  When I get the whim to write about something, I don't usually follow the rules.

Come to think of it, I was a lot like that in college too.

And maybe in high school..

Anyyyyway...

I really wanted to just dedicate Fridays to some of the fun things we do - on. the. cheap.

Yep.  Monk works hard for the money and since I've cut my business way back our summer fun must be affordable. And we're saving every dime we can to go on VACATION in less than 3 weeks!

One the single cheapest things I've done to provide easy entertainment for my girls for the last 3 years is go to Wally World every spring and buy a cheap kiddie pool. Not the cheapest pool, not the most expensive, but the middle of the road plastic pool.

I'm not one for visiting the old WW store as I find it about as enjoyable as shaving my legs with a rusty razor, BUT they do make a very effective, affordable, fairly sturdy kiddie pool.

And my girls LOVE it.

I usually pick up some goggles, bubbles and floaty toys and they're pretty much set.

Then usually around late August, the morbidly hot Texas sun manages to warp the plastic pool beyond repair and it gets retired.  Last year it became a leaf pool in the late fall/early winter and the girls had a ball jumping in leaves.

Not bad for a $16 investment.

Lots of hot summer days are spent in this pool. I throw in some poolside snacks and it becomes a couple hours of fun.

Photographic evidence of poolside fun
(I sure wish I could get these pictures bigger...)

And there you have it.  My first every Summer Fun Friday.  It felt sort of contrived. Was it sort of lame?  Exciting? Boring? Are you mocking me?  

I'm sort of mocking myself so that one wouldn't surprise me.  

And I hate my pictures being so small. 

1 comment:

  1. I just want to know if DW can come over and play?!?!?

    ReplyDelete