Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

The Cleanse...

So I'm starting a cleanse today.  To be more specific, it's the Advocare 24-day Challenge.  I did it a 3 months ago and lost 21 lbs. It was great for me! (I promise, this is not a paid advertisement.)   I never really felt hungry and more importantly...

I didn't even exercise.

There's a part of that wants to totally brag on that and then there's another part of me that is a little ashamed and wants to crawl under a rock.  I'm going with bragging though.  It really was great to watch the pounds melt away ONLY by changing what I put in my mouth and taking the supplements.  This is how I broke my Coke addiction. ::insert happy dance here::

I was eating healthy, feeling UH-mazeballs!! All of my heartburn went away, my joint pay ceased to exist and pretty much every other physical ailment I was having went away.  It was fantastico.

But I'm an emotional eater.  Very. Much. So.

While I won't go into any details in this post (trust me, you will hear about this eventually), my beloved cat and buddy, Fat Otis disappeared.  I went into a tailspin. I cried for 3 days straight and actually prayed he would come home. I was eating crap coming and going.  I'm not even kidding when I tell you I went to Sonic three nights in a row for a milkshake.  I ate licorice, chips, cereal, drank COKE...and the list goes on.  Knowing this food would make me feel terrible, I ate it anyway. I pretty much ate my weight in Jack in the Box tacos.  Don't judge...I love them.  Deep seeded psychological issues?

Most likely. That's for another time though.

Annnyway...I think that counts as falling off the bandwagon. I have heartburn again, I'm sluggish, my knees are achy and worst of all...I've gained 5 lbs back. It bites. I knew I had to pull myself together to do this again, but it has taken me 3 weeks to do it.  And here we are.

I was supposed to have started it yesterday, but I had a session yesterday morning and well....sometimes after drinking the herbal cleanse you just need to stay close to the bathroom.  And that's all I'm going to say about that.

I'd like to note my progress on here. What food I'm eating, how much I'm losing, etc... If y'all think you're going to get a weight out of me though, forget it.  I just want some accountability and I figure here is just as good as anywhere else.  As long as you don't ask my weight. Deal.

So last night was my last opportunity to eat carbs in the form of the devil ...white bread. It was also my last time for red meat for 11 days. ::whimper:: I grilled burgers and corn on the cob on my new wonderful grill that my hubby bought for me. :) It's rad.

 (hmmm...not happy about this picture size. Not at all. Anyone know how to make these bad boys bigger? Bueller? Bueller?)

Are you drooling yet? You should be, it was delicious. :) Monk kept grunting in between mouthfuls about loving me.  This man's love language is food. Hands down.

So that's it.  Let the journey begin. Anyone else want to join me?

1 comment:

  1. Can't join you just yet, but am looking forward to following your progress! Hope it goes wonderfully for you.....oh, and THANK YOU FOR BLOGGING AGAIN!! I have MISSED you!

    ReplyDelete